Noninvasive Blood Analysis Technology
DBC's revolutionary software can measure critical, life-saving blood values non-invasively - without pricking the skin. DBC has developed and refined a complex, multi-level algorithm which is integrated into our proprietary 'PK Software.' The algorithm utilizes 4 key inputs - bodily temperature, partial pressures of certain gases on the skin, and total hemoglobin - to calculate 18 critical blood values, only one of which is Glucose for diabetics. DBC's software produces key blood values within minutes, and monitors that data on a computer screen, in real-time, allowing doctors to make on-the-spot, life-saving decisions.
Due to our sophisticated algorithm, a total of 18 blood values can currently be measured, with more to come.
PO2 / kPa / - partial pressure of oxygen
PCO2 / kPa / - partial pressure of carbon dioxide
delta pH – Bohr´s shift
delta pH2 Haldane's shift in Haldane´s effect
HSO2 / % / - saturation of oxygen
pH / blood / - pH bicarbonate buffer
pH of hemoglobin buffer
aHCO3 – actual bicarbonate
sHCO3 – standard bicarbonate
tCO2 – total carbon dioxide
BE – base excess between acid base and ion base
x-hydration – function of ion ratio
K+ - physiological extend of potassium
Mg++ - level of magnesium / converted into ions /
Ca++ - level of calcium / converted into ions /
Cl- - chloride
Na+ - sodium
Patients have a variety of obstacles to overcome when it comes to blood extraction - fear of needles, pain, contamination, blood clotting, and other adverse effects.
PK Software receives 4 core values measured from the patient's skin. To obtain those 4 values, we utilize two medical hardware devices produced by leaders in the healthcare industry:
RADIOMETER AMERICA'S 'TINA TCM4' Device
Measures: - partial pressure of carbon dioxide/tcpCO2
- partial pressure of oxygen/tcpO2
MASIMO'S 'RD Rainbow SetTM' Device
Measures: - total hemoglobin/SpHb
- body temperature
Gathered results are sent to our system for the next step of processing. PK Software from DBC leverages a unique algorithm, allowing it to generate an additional 18 blood values that are monitored in real-time.
In order to reduce turnaround time, some hospitals have adopted an outdated cart system, whereby a laboratory technician is placed near hospital rooms that require frequent blood-gas tests. Such critical care units include emergency rooms, operation theaters, and intensive care units.
A turnaround time of 5-15 minutes still exists in these systems. Moreover, the cost of the unit is based on the volume of tests performed. Maintenance of these units is expensive and requires a skilled technician. Apart from this, additional space in the hospital is very valuable.
INTENSIVE CARE UNITS/EMERGENCY ROOMS
DBC technology saves time and energy in life-threatening situations when doctors can't afford to wait for a full medical blood panel. The software also minimizes risks for patients.
Thanks to DBC software, EMT personnel can get patient blood panels immediately. Then, information gained in the field can be provided to doctors at the hospital, allowing them to start surgery or treatment immediately.
Real-time monitoring of blood values has potential applications in drug development/testing, as well as to assess the health conditions of athletes, pilots, astronauts, and military personnel in combat situations.
- DBC is the sole owner and holds the exclusive rights to the worldwide patent and intellectual property.
- PK software is an algorithm gathering information from a patient’s skin and can calculate a total of 19 blood values.
- DBC represents the leading edge in non-invasive methods to create a blood panel without a single drop patient’s blood.
- The product is designed to reduce biological waste, expedite patient tests, and reduce hazardous encounters.
- The primary focus of DBC will be in clinical applications. Secondarily, DBC will be applied to medical research applications.
- Our algorithm has been under development for the last 15 years.
- DBC has achieved European SIDC approval and is pending for US FDA approval.
- DBC has been clinically tested on more than 14,500 trial patients.
- The DBC product is currently not approved by the US FDA and therefore, cannot be officially used in the USA.
- Any materials on this website cannot be used by any third party unless written approval is sent by an authorized representative of DBC.
- The content on this website is solely for information purposes.
- DBC is not responsible for any misinterpretation of the information on this website and its other media outlets.
- DBC does not grant, promise or guarantee any services or products.
- Visitors to the DBC website are fully responsible for the usage of the provided information and henceforth actions.
Copyright © 2022 digital-blood - All Rights Reserved.